Fannie Mae Healthy Housing Rewards Loans
For investors or developers interested in building or acquiring affordable multifamily properties, Fannie Mae's Healthy Housing Rewards program could be an excellent way to reduce your costs.
Healthy Housing Rewards Enhanced Resident Services and Healthy Design Programs insured by Fannie Mae
If you are looking for financing to be used for building or acquiring affordable multifamily properties, Fannie Mae's Healthy Housing Rewards program could be an excellent way to reduce your costs. The program is split into two options; Healthy Design and Enhanced Resident Services, each of which has slightly different requirements and provides slightly different incentives to borrowers. Healthy Design rewards owners who provide health and wellness and work support services to their tenants, while Enhanced Resident Services rewards owners who include healthy property features like fitness centers, playgrounds, and tobacco-free zones.
Both of these Healthy Housing Rewards programs confer a variety of benefits upon borrowers, including reduced interest rates, greater flexibility in underwriting, and a variety of fixed and variable interest-rate options. Like most other Fannie Mae multifamily Products, Healthy Housing Rewards loans are assumable with lender approval.
Sample Fannie Mae Terms For Healthy Housing Rewards Loans
Terms: 5-30 year fixed and variable-rate loan terms available
Amortization: Up to 35 years
Maximum LTV: Varies
Minimum DSCR: Varies
Prepayment Options: Yield maintenance or declining prepayment premiums
- 60% of the project's units must be affordable for tenants earning 60% or less of AMI (area median income)
- Must get either Healthy Design or Enhanced Resident Services certification from an approved provider (properties can only use one benefit, one time, and cannot combine benefits)
- 0.15% interest rate reduction for certified Healthy Design projects, up to 0.30% interest rate reduction for certified Enhanced Resident Services projects
- No set minimum or maximum loan amount
- Competitive interest rates
- Loans are non-recourse
- 30- 180 day rate locks available after commitment (streamlined rate locks also available)
- All certifications include 100% reimbursement by Fannie Mae
- Requires third-party reports including a property appraisal, property condition assessment, and a Phase I Environmental Assessment
- For Enhanced Resident Services Certification, a sponsor must be re-certified every 5 years, and the property must be certified every year