Hawaii: In the Spotlight
Hawaii, often known as the Aloha State, is home to roughly 1.4 million people. The state of Hawaii is the 40th most populous state and is also home to cities like Honolulu, which is the most populated city in the state with more than 348,000 residents. Pearl City is another key location in the state, with more than 45,000 people calling the region home.
- Hawaii is the ONLY state that grows coffee.
- Altres Industrial is the largest employer in Hawaii, with over 10,000 employees.
- Tourism and Agriculture are the largest industries in the state.
- The average household income is $81,275.
- The average age in Hawaii is 39 years old.
- Hawaii has over 553,000 employees across the state.
- The homeownership rate is just under 59%, which leaves around 41% of the residents looking for apartments and rental properties.
Hawaii Apartment Loan and Multifamily Property Facts
Hawaii is seeing significant growth in many cities and regions when it comes to new residents seeking multifamily living. Condos and apartment buildings are growing in popularity once again, and with the development going on in some cities, opportunities will be plentiful for the foreseeable future. The 2020 market, like many, was a little slow, but it still made some big impacts.
- Hawaii is home to several cities that are prime markets for investors to acquire a rental property investment in for 2021.
- Rents in Hawaii are 0.55% higher than the previous year.
- The average rent in Hawaii is $1,617.
The market for commercial real estate in Hawaii is huge and growing by the day, thanks to an ever-expanding job market and a growing base of young families who prefer to rent rather than buy a home. Those who get in now will have a better chance of finding the best deals and not overpaying or missing out on the biggest profit potential. The state is expected to see above-average population growth through 2024, contributing to an ever-increasing demand for apartments, condos, and other rental units.
Hawaii Apartment Loan and Lending Options
In the state of Hawaii, there are several different ways that you can finance your new apartment investment, whether you’re looking for a massive multi-unit tower in Maui or a simple eight-unit property in an up-and-coming neighborhood of Kaneohe. We work with opportunities like:
- Conventional apartment loans
- Fannie Mae apartment financing
- Freddie Mac apartment financing
- FHA/HUD financing
- Mezzanine financing
- CMBS Loans
- Apartment construction loans
- And more!
Finance Your Hawaii Apartment Building Now
Apartment.loans has an expert team specializing in apartment building loan products and options available for borrowers and investors of apartment properties throughout Hawaii. Whether you are looking to finance a small apartment building, a complex with hundreds of units, or a cooperative, our team endeavors to meet all of your apartment mortgage loan needs. Hawaii is a state that has been a decently strong market for apartment property loans and we are no strangers to arranging high-quality loans in the state for investors. We have a plethora of many available loan products to help qualified borrowers purchase or refinance an apartment property.
Apartment.loans offers apartment loans with terms and amortizations of up to 30 years, with recourse and non-recourse options, and flexibility when it comes to prepayment. Hawaii apartment building loans typically close within 45 days of application. With the apartment.loans streamlined application process (with no-cost and no-obligations), gain unbiased access to the best possible apartment financing in the state of Hawaii!
Our apartment loan brokerage and lending strengths are available in markets throughout the state, with a particularly strong presence in Honolulu, Hilo, Kailua, Kapolei, and Kaneohe.
Apartment loans from $750,000 and up.