Mississippi: In the Spotlight
Mississippi, often known as the Magnolia State, is home to roughly 2.9 million people. The state of Mississippi is the 31st most populous state, and is also home to cities like Jackson, which is the most populated city in the state with more than 166,000 residents. Gulfport is another key location in the state, with more than 71,000 people calling the region home.
- The “Mighty” Mississippi river is both the largest river in the United States, as well as its chief waterway.
- The University of Mississippi Medical Center is the largest employer in Mississippi, with over 10,000 employees.
- Agriculture, Fishing, and Forestry are the largest industries in the state.
- The average household income is $45,081.
- The average age in Mississippi is 37 years old.
- Mississippi has over 958,000 employees across the state.
- The home ownership rate is just over 68%, which leaves around 32% of the residents looking for apartments and rental properties.
Mississippi Apartment Loan and Multifamily Property Facts
Mississippi is seeing significant growth in many cities and regions when it comes to new residents seeking multifamily living. Condos and apartment buildings are growing in popularity once again, and with the development going on in some cities, opportunities will be plentiful for the foreseeable future. The 2020 market, like many, was a little slow, but it still made some big impacts.
- Mississippi is home to several cities that are prime markets for investors to acquire a rental property investment in for 2021.
- Rents in Mississippi are 1.77% lower than the previous year.
- The average rent in Mississippi is $780.
The market for commercial real estate in Mississippi is huge and growing by the day, thanks to an ever-expanding job market and a growing base of young families who prefer to rent rather than buy a home. Those who get in now will have a better chance of finding the best deals and not overpaying or missing out on the biggest profit potential. The state is expected to see above-average population growth through 2024, contributing to an ever-increasing demand for apartments, condos, and other rental units.
Mississippi Apartment Loan and Lending Options
In the state of Mississippi, there are several different ways that you can finance your new apartment investment, whether you’re looking for a massive multi-unit tower in Jackson or a simple eight-unit property in an up-and-coming neighborhood of Biloxi. We work with opportunities like:
- Conventional apartment loans
- Fannie Mae apartment financing
- Freddie Mac apartment financing
- FHA/HUD financing
- Mezzanine financing
- CMBS loans
- Bridge loans
- Apartment construction loans
- And more!
Finance Your Mississippi Apartment Building Now
The team at Apartment.loans specializes in commercial financing for all kinds of real estate and apartments in Mississippi and throughout the United States. We have solutions for commercial real estate, traditional apartment financing, value-add opportunities, and more. We can even help you with ground-up developments or just get you financed for a stabilized property so you can be on your way.
Our team of experts knows what it takes to get the loan funds that you need. Whether you’ve got a special investment in mind, or you have basic funding needs, let us know how we can help. We'll give you all of the tools and resources you need to take your Mississippi apartment loans to the next level. To learn more and start your investment journey, contact our Mississippi Apartment Lending Specialists at [email protected] or (800) 567-9631.
Apartment loans from $750,000 and up.