Louisiana: In the Spotlight
Louisiana, often known as the Pelican State, is home to roughly 4.6 million people. The state of Louisiana is the 25th most populous state, and is also home to cities like the world-famous New Orleans, which is the most populated city in the state with more than 390,000 residents. Baton Rouge is another key location in the state, with more than 224,000 people calling the region home.
- Unlike any other state in the union, Louisiana refers to its political subdivisions as “parishes” rather than counties.
- Louisiana State University is the largest employer in Louisiana, with over 15,000 employees.
- Oil, Natural Gas, Fishing, and Healthcare are the largest industries in the state.
- The average household income is $49,469.
- The average age in Louisiana is 36 years old.
- Louisiana has 1.7 million employees across the state.
- The home ownership rate is just over 65%, which leaves around 35% of the residents looking for apartments and rental properties.
Louisiana Apartment Loan and Multifamily Property Facts
Louisiana is seeing significant growth in many cities and regions when it comes to new residents seeking multifamily living. Condos and apartment buildings are growing in popularity once again, and with the development going on in some cities, opportunities will be plentiful for the foreseeable future. The 2020 market, like many, was a little slow, but it still made some big impacts.
- Louisiana is home to several cities that are prime markets for investors to acquire a rental property investment in for 2021.
- Rents in Louisiana are 0.35% lower than the previous year.
- The average rent in Louisiana is $866.
The market for commercial real estate in Louisiana is huge and growing by the day, thanks to an ever-expanding job market and a growing base of young families who prefer to rent rather than buy a home. Those who get in now will have a better chance of finding the best deals and not overpaying or missing out on the biggest profit potential. The state is expected to see above-average population growth through 2024, contributing to an ever-increasing demand for apartments, condos, and other rental units.
Louisiana Apartment Loan and Lending Options
In the state of Louisiana, there are several different ways that you can finance your new apartment investment, whether you’re looking for a massive multi-unit tower in Baton Rouge or a simple eight-unit property in an up-and-coming neighborhood of Lafayette. We work with opportunities like:
- Conventional apartment loans
- Fannie Mae apartment financing
- Freddie Mac apartment financing
- FHA/HUD financing
- Mezzanine financing
- CMBS Loans
- Apartment construction loans
- And more!
Finance Your Louisiana Apartment Building Now
The team at Apartment.loans specializes in commercial financing for all kinds of real estate and apartments in Louisiana and throughout the United States. We have solutions for commercial real estate, traditional apartment financing, value-add opportunities, and more. We can even help you with ground-up developments or just get you financed for a stabilized property so you can be on your way.
Our team of experts knows what it takes to get the loan funds that you need. Whether you’ve got a special investment in mind, or you have basic funding needs, let us know how we can help. We'll give you all of the tools and resources you need to take your Louisiana apartment loans to the next level. To learn more and start your investment journey, contact our Louisiana Apartment Lending Specialists at [email protected] or (800) 567-9631.
Apartment loans from $750,000 and up.